Prerequisite For Using NetSuite Web Services
To use the different NetSuite Web Services you need to ensure that their respective features are enabled in NetSuite before you connect to NetSuite from Breadwinner.
Enablement of features is performed from the Enable Features tab.
- Go to Setup > Company > Setup Tasks > Enable Features
- Go to the SuiteCloud Subtab
- In the SuiteTalk (Web Services) section, check the SOAP Web Services feature
- In the SuiteTalk (Web Services) section, check the REST Web Services feature
- In the Manage Authentication section, check the Token-based Authentication feature
- Go to the Analytics subtab
- Check the SuiteAnalytics Workbook
Getting NetSuite Required Credentials
Breadwinner uses NetSuite's Token-based Authentication (TBA) process.
Breadwinner needs these following NetSuite Credentials:
Prepare Breadwinner for NetSuite
- Once Breadwinner for NetSuite is installed, navigate to the Breadwinner for NetSuite tab
- Click "Connect to NetSuite"
- You should see a window where you can paste in five values. The steps below will provide those values
Get the Account Id
Go to Setup > Company > Company Information
On the Company Information page, you can see the Account Id Value on the right column
Generating an Integration Record for the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret
Go to Setup > Integration > Manage Integrations > New.
Enter "Breadwinner" for the Integration record.
The following values should be checked
TOKEN-BASED AUTHENTICATION (TBA)
The following values should be unchecked (these fields might not be visible, which is OK)
TBA: ISSUETOKEN AUTHENTICATION
TBA: AUTHORIZATION FLOW
AUTHORIZATION CODE GRANT
Leave the State set to the default value.
Copy the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret, which will appear only once. If you navigate away from the page you will have to recreate the key and secret.
Generating an Access Token
On the Home page, in the lower-left corner, there is a section called "Settings". Towards the bottom of that, click "Manage Access Tokens".
Click "New My Access Token".
On the Access Token page select "Breadwinner" (created a few minutes ago).
Copy the Token ID and Token Secret, which will appear only once. If you navigate away from the page you will have to recreate another access token.
Back in Salesforce, return to the Breadwinner tab, fill in those values and Connect to NetSuite.
Only review this section if you are unable to generate a token or connect to NetSuite.
If you have any issues generating the access token, ensure your login role has User Access Token permission.
If you are unable to connect to NetSuite, ensure that your user as the following three permissions assigned:
REST Web Services
Log in using Access Tokens